Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Sorry it's been a while since my last blog post.  Our wifi router stopped working.  Now it works, but only in the student lounge.  Friends from the US came to visit for a few days.  Then I spent a week quite sick.  Including 3 nights in the hospital here in Moscow.  That story is forthcoming. 

In the meantime:

Snippets of things over heard in ballet class:
    "My brain feels like someone drenched it in oil and fried it." 
    "Was it at least good oil? Like coconut oil?" 
    "Not even. It's crappy canola oil."
 
    "Honestly Leonova (the principal of the academy) is way scarier than Putin. I think the USA is worried about the wrong Russian."
 
    "I took a double dose of DayQuil and honestly, I think I'm a bit drunk."
 
    "Oh blue leotards. I love looking like an Oompa Loompa." 
    "Wait, Oompa Loompas aren't blue." 
    "My childhood memories are all lies."
 
    "I'm not gonna die happy until I go to a Russian Discotecha (a Russian dance) where they play more than Pitbull and Lady Gaga." 
 
    "That awkward moment when the Djornya calls you fat."
 
    "Wait, the sun is shining and I'm really not sure I'll be able to dance today. I need darkness to thrive. Do not hold me responsible for my adagio."
 
    "There are about 7 different languages being spoken right now and it's giving me low key anxiety."
 
    "I'm 19 now. I feel like I should pay taxes."
 
    "You know, at home you're a god for getting into the academy. And when you get here, it is far less glamorous. My bedroom lights actually turned on today." 

    "That breakfast meat looks like the steaks that Alex the Lion eats in Madagascar." 

1 comment: