Sunday, November 9, 2014


At the academy, we are fed three meals a day.  Breakfast is the same.  Every. Day.  Kasha with bread and a slice of meat (left column, second photo from top).  Lunch and dinner are the same 7 meals, served in a rotation.  The rotation doesn't mean that we are served something different every day, though.  We had the same lunch three days in a row. 

I've learned how to say "no meat and sauce, please" in Russian. Now I can eat my rice/pasta in peace. Без соус и мяса, пожалуйста. So I used my new skill, and the dinner guy understood me so well that Sophia, my roommate standing next in line, also was robbed of her sauce.

Most of the soups are tasty, and I enjoy my almost daily cabbage salad with apple and celery.  The yogurt cups, drinkable yogurt and box of milk have taken some adjusting to, as they are ultrapasturized.  My almonds, almond butter, tea bags and nasty-tasting protein powder and vitamins that I brought from home are a good addition to my diet.  There's a grocery store about 5 minutes from my dorm and we've bought bananas and jam.  And Diet Pepsi.

No comments:

Post a Comment